Rhythm Kids K - 2 is an exciting music, movement and drumming class for children in Kindergarten through second grade (ages 5 - 8). Children integrate and assimilate rhythm into their daily lives, as they:
* Learn multicultural drumming patterns;
* develop new repertoire on various percussion instruments;
* explore movement and dance while singing songs;
* play games based on music and drumming;
* have fun with a host of rhythm activities.
Rhythm Kids follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age 8. As part of the Rhythm Kids experience, children and their grownups can enjoy drumming play and practice sessions at home with the help of online play-along videos featuring Rhythm Kids creator Tom Foote.
Classes are for children K - 2 (ages 5 through 8) and include:
* 10 weekly, 45 minute classes
* Animal Collection Songbook and CDs (2 copies) each semester
* Access to online video tutorials and play-alongs
* Learn, create, discover and explore music, movement and drumming
* Enjoy age-appropriate ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, tambourines, etc).
* Explore traditional drumming patterns through animal names and movements
* Experience drumming, song, and dance from around the world (Mali, Puerto Rico, Turkey, etc.)
* Find new ways to connect mind, body, and voice through rhythm
* Develop skill in improvising, soloing, conducting, composition and improvisation
* Participate in active musical games that are both enriching and totally fun!
Students should have their own hand drum for use at home and in class.